London Craft Exhibition

Today, I went to London Craft Exhibition at Canary Whaft. There wasn't big exhibition as I thought. There have lots of work from differe...

Today, I went to London Craft Exhibition at Canary Whaft. There wasn't big exhibition as I thought. There have lots of work from different artists. Every booth has an artist to explain their work. The work has various style and materials such as ceramics, metal, wood, fabric, papers, wire, etc.


The first piece is pretty unique. The materials are metals and woods so these colour looks natural from raw materials. Some of them, adding some pattern into it. He used basic shapes and reduce to keep it simple. All of his work is kind of poultry.
I like his ideas. Some piece of his work is also pitcher inside his work. The colour from raw materials was amazing. The movement of his piece looks hard but I can felt their feeling such as calm, relaxing, curious, etc.
In my opinion, If he adds more details. These might be nicer example pattern, different material.  



All of his work is wood and in the middle is the canvas to connected together. Some of his work, the colour is raw materials and also have the colour from painting. His inspiration is a different kind of animals. So it's pretty variety. I can see it's very detail and charming. I love handmade work because I feel they spend a lot of time with their passion. For this work, the movement looks quite real and natural. I can feel theirs have a life. I wonder how can he did all of his work.



This work is very simple. But I'm sure she spent a lot of time and have lots of processes to keep it simple and connect it. When I look from the front. These looks 2D and flat when I see in front but when I see the side of a piece of work. Actually, It's dimension, All of her is from wire and connect all together on white background. She also creates typography into her work. In my opinion, I think this make her work looks cute and nicer. Between her connect point. She connects it by wire.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images